1. Clean every room. Put all clothes and extra items in the closet. Be sure to clean out closets or have them organized.
2. Remove all clutter on the countertops.
3. Purchase flowers, a bowl of fruit or candlesticks for the kitchen/dining room table.
4. Make all beds. If you do not have bedding, be sure to purchase a low budget bed in a bag for a completed look.
5. Fresh & matching towels are a must for the bathroom.
6. Photograph the property on a sunny day. Try to use natural light. Turn on interior lights and use a tripod for a longer exposure. If you don’t own a tripod use flash.
7. Try different angles on each room. Be sure to show as much as possible. Wide angle lens are usually preferable. Be careful to see what is in the background of every photo. If you are photographing into a mirror be sure to see what is in the reflection.
8. Photograph every room, including all bathrooms and locations of closets.
9. Photograph the exterior from all different angles including the yard and the view if this applies. Make sure the outside is raked and spotless. Be sure to include a few photos of nearby activities.
10. Phone photos can be used, however they can be more difficult to crop properly and the image size is often compressed or may lack the proper quality when used online.
STEP 11: When all else fails….Hire a professional! You will probably earn back the money you spent on professional photos after one booking. Professional photographs can be the difference on your success rate along with superior customer service. Photographs are usually the guests first impression of your property. Be sure you have the best!
Here are some examples of Professionally Photographed Properties:
Whether you are listing on VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnb, or any of the other vacation rental sites, CapeCodSoul offers superior professional photographic services. We help stage your home with your unique furnishings and style and add props only if needed to complete the ambiance. Photography is a small investment to increase bookings during the limited vacation rental season. Please contact us today to book your photography consultation and session. A picture is worth a thousand words. A professional photo is priceless!
This blog post contains some affiliate links. This means that I may receive a commission from purchases made through the links in this post, at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products or services that we love and/or we believe will add value to you, our readers. Thank you for your continued support of CapeCodSoul, so that we can bring you more goodies!
1. Sign up with Airbnb here
2. Sign up with VRBO
3. Look for vacation getaways here
4. Hire a Professional Photographer for your Rental Property Photos